Sunday, December 25, 2011

Welcome to the Blog

Hi, This is Jen Dean. I'm posting to introduce this blog. My sister, Jessica Rikli had an idea that it would be great to start a cooking blog for our amazing mother and fabulous cook, Donna. She'll frequently email us recipes she has tried out or thinks we will like. That's what gave us the idea.

Our mom cooks every day. Growing up she would have a hot meal on the table every night for our family. Now that Jess and I have families of our own, we realize what a task that can be and we're ever so grateful to her for her efforts to feed us well and to help our family grow closer because of that shared meal.

We hope to post some of her classic go-to recipes, some of the things she is known for, and some of the new stuff she's trying out. I'll label the recipes by dish: main course, dessert, appetizers, candies, etc.

Thanks for reading!


Donna with her grandkids

1 comment:

  1. I am Donna's husband and dad to Jen & Jess. When I got married I was hoping for someone to give me a good ol' back rub for my sore muscles. Well that didn't happen. Instead I married a wonderful cook. Donna is very generous in sharing her meals and baked goods with many friends and neighbors. I am lucky enough to stay home & eat the joy of her cooking each day. I am so gratful for her talent in the kitchen. I am so lucky... Thanks Donna for all you do....

    ReplyDelete